In our discussions and research, home security turned up as one of the key features people looked for in a home robotics solution. To enable this, we included a powerful set of sensors that include:
- Air Quality
- Gravity (4-axis G-sensor)
In addition to these, Aido has sophisticated image and scene recognition capabilities.
The output of the sensors can be used for incident alerts or task automation.
If you set up a patrol path, Aido can periodically visit different rooms in your house and monitor data across the rooms.
You can set Aido to patrol your home when you aren’t around.
Aido can send you alerts on the companion Aido app for iPhone/Android or over email for:
- Intruder detection
- Smoke detection
- When vital parameters at home like air quality go down
- Noise detection
- Sudden increase/decrease in humidity
- Periodic updates during autonomous patrol
You can use the companion app to get Aido to send you pictures or videos of incidents as well.
Aido comes with a visual drag-and-drop Task Automator.
In the Task Automator, Aido supports integration to:
- All smart devices (Aido connects using Zigbee, BLE, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave or DLNA)
- A vast suite of devices with an infrared remote control (including TV, microwaves, music systems, and more)
- Integration of other appliances using the optional smart plugs (plug your water heater into the smart plug and control it using Aido)
- Online services using IFTTT
With the Task Automator, you can:
- Select predefined task flows from a large list of templates
- Add and save your own template list
- Share and download new task flows from the Android Store
Examples of actions include
- Displaying an alert when you receive an email from a particular friend
- Automatically project your news feed 10 minutes after your alarm goes off
- Switch on lights if ambient lights are very low
Aido’s Task Automator allows you to create weekday, weekend or even holiday schedules.